Each day, I write down a minimum of five things which I’m thankful for. I have come here and shared some of these in the past, and I thought it would be fun to to it again. My lists run from the everyday to the major milestones. It has become a vital part of my daily routine to jot a few things down. Typically, I write these in the morning because I like to start my day out in a positive frame of mind, but there are times that I just do not make it to my journal until night has fallen. Sometimes the night lists add a different perspective, so changing it up can be nice.
The reason that I am sharing this with all of you is that while many of you probably already do something like this, perhaps some of you do not and might find it as valuable as I have in the years which I’ve been doing it…and maybe some of you used to do something like this and have let the practice lapse. Hey, no judgement here. I am the queen of fading in and out of practice…with many things. Please feel free to share some of the things which you are grateful for in the comments. I’d love to hear about some of the things in your lives which make your heart happy.
*Thankful for a good follow up with the specialist I’ve been seeing about a pre-cancerous condition-he’s giving me a break from the hormone therapy for a few months (maybe longer).
* Thankful that I’m noticing a positive difference in my health, sleep patterns, and energy levels since adopting a vegan diet and daily exercise.
* Thankful for the wonderful love and support which I receive from my friends and family.
* Thankful that another piece of my writing was published.
* Thankful for increasing clarity about my needs and wishes, as well as more clarity about the relationships in my life.
* Thankful for a terrific group of friends, both old and new.
* Thankful for all of the doors which have opened, making the way for me to follow my dreams.
* Thankful to finally have a good enough relationship with myself that I truly know who I am and feel good about what I see.
* Thankful for the miraculous things I’ve seen happening in the lives of others.
* Thankful for the opportunity to make a positive impact with my work and in everyday life.
* Thankful for devoting time each day for self care/soul care, no matter how small. It makes such a difference.