Mandala Finished, Full Moon Photos and WIPs

Full moon at sunrise

Full moon at sunrise

Beautiful fog at sunrise on the morning of the full moon

Beautiful fog at sunrise on the morning of the full moon

Finally finished my mandala

Finally finished my mandala

Floating in a Purple Haze WIP

Floating in a Purple Haze WIP using watercolor, transfer, and acrylic

Lady of the Wood WIP. Eventually, this lady will be sketched and painted onto the canvas.

Lady of the Wood WIP. Eventually, this lady will be sketched and painted onto the canvas.

Rough sketch of the lady. She will be sketched directly onto the canvas where she will also be given roots at her feet and more willow branch hair

Rough sketch of the lady. She will be sketched directly onto the canvas where she will also be given roots at her feet and more willow branch hair

Foxy

This is my latest finished piece. It is really difficult to get a photo that truly captures this one for some reason. I began this piece a while back and posted the background. It started out as autumn colored stripes, later on I added leaves. For the finished piece I added a transfer of a fox image, muted the entire piece to blend it together, and then went over the entire thing with a metallic bronze finish. Below are a few images.

This is the finished painting

This is the finished painting

This was the original background

This was the original background

New Painting

Below is a photo of my latest painting. It is a mixed media piece using acrylic, watercolor, and gel medium. This was my first time doing transfers. I used an original painting of a butterfly which I did last year and a cool old piece of wallpaper. I made color copies of the originals and then used the gel medium and a brayer to put the images onto the canvas. After I got everything transferred I watered down some acrylic paint to do a wash of sorts. Then, I decided to take some watercolors and create a sun. I used the leftover watercolor from the sun, watered it down to a very thin consistency and did a light wash over the existing green wash in a graded brightness…going from brighter to lighter from top to bottom. After that was finished, my final step was to take a pre-cut sheet of circles/bubbles and used a sponge brush with some thinned down off white acrylic to create the top layer. Once the painting was dry, I took it into the alley and used a matte clear coat Krylon spray to seal it all in.

GEDSC DIGITAL CAMERA