Most of us have had a feeling that someone who we love who has passed was trying to reach us at one point or another. While things like this have become more widely accepted than in the past by many, there is still a lot of uncertainty and even fear around contact from the other side. As someone who has been able to sense, hear and often see people who have passed since I was a young child I have had plenty of time to wrap my head around the idea and learn to let go of my early fears and uncertainty.
For those of you who have wondered if what felt like the presence of a loved one was real or in your imagination, I’m going to share a list of some of the most common ways that they reach out to us. Of course there are more than I’ll be sharing here, but hopefully these will help you to gain a better understanding and a little more confidence and ease when you feel that this is happening.
- Getting a whiff of a familiar scent with no other explanation for it being around. This can be in the form of a favorite cologne or perfume, cigarettes or cigars, breath mints or gum, or favorite flowers. The key is that these aromas are ones which are closely associated with a particular person. For example, my mother will reach out to me by letting me smell her favorite perfume and now, my father shows up with the scent of the gum that he always chewed on Sunday mornings on the way to church.
- Pennies or coins. Many of you have likely heard of pennies from heaven, and I’m here to tell you that this one is true. In the year that my mother passed away, I found three pennies, on separate occasions, in the middle of my bedroom floor with her birth year on them. The first one that I found blew my socks off, then pennies two and three while still amazing, served as more of a source of comfort than anything else. One of them was particularly comforting. I was going through a relationship breakup and was very upset. I’d been crying and went to grab more tissues, and there in my path was one of “her” pennies. While it was always better to have her there to give me one of her awesome hugs when something like this happened, it was wonderful to know that she was still there for me.
- Hearing their favorite song. Sometimes, a departed loved one will inform you of their presence through music. If you ever hear their favorite song just as you’re thinking of them chances are good that they are saying hello. Other times, you will hear their favorite song over and over everywhere you go. You’ll hear it at home as you get ready to go out, then you’ll hear it on in the car and then again over the system in the grocery store or restaurant. I like to think of this as their way of letting us know that they still keep tabs on our lives and what we do.
- Electronics acting up. People on the other side have the ability to use electronics as a way of letting us know that they’re around. Some examples of this are TV’s turning themselves off or on, lights flickering and phone messages. That last one can be a little disconcerting. About a year after my mom passed, my cell phone kept ringing but no number was coming up on the caller ID. As I’m not in the habit of answering calls like this, I tried to ignore it but it kept ringing. I noticed a voicemail had come in but before I could check it, the phone rang again. Annoyed, I answered it only to be greeted by broken static like an old radio that wasn’t quite tuned in right. Later, I checked the voicemail. To my amazement there was the broken static, but also my mother’s voice saying my name and then “it’s me”. I was able to play this message to another person before it was deleted from the phone.
- Physical sensations. This one can also be a little disconcerting when it happens, at least at first. Sometimes when you are thinking of your loved one and really missing them, it can feel as though someone has brushed their hand on your cheek or even given you a hug. More commonly, you may notice a change in the temperature in the air or feel the hairs on the back of your neck respond as they would when you get the feeling of being watched. If you feel uncomfortable with this one, especially at first, you are not alone. The first several times something like this happened to me, I was more than a little freaked out.
Over time, you will learn how to interpret occurrences like this and hopefully feel more comfortable with them. If you feel as though you might have the ability to communicate with those on the other side and could use a little help learning how to work with it, please send an email to email@example.com and we can discuss whether I might be able to help you.
If you’ve had experiences that you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment. I love hearing your stories!
I’ve been talking for a while about reworking the readings area of the site. While I’m writing this in a regular post format, I will also be putting this information in the Intuitive Services tab at the top of the page. This new information replaces any old information which may have been contained on the site previously. As I progress and shift, so does my intuitive practice. It is my deepest wish to be able to work with and assist you. As changes or additions to services occur in the future I will make a post about it, then make changes to the Intuitive Services tab. There will be new services added in the very near future!
Below are the general guidelines.
If you have any questions, concerns or to schedule a consultation or appointment please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not be shy about approaching me…you never know whether I can help unless you ask.
I offer several types of intuitive services and will list them separately.
- Readings – I offer readings which combine cards, intuitive information, and many times messages from loved ones on the other side. Ways that I offer readings are email, phone, Skype, and in person if you are in Asheville, NC. While I will do readings regarding relationship issues, I will only do them from the perspective of helping you to look at your own needs and wishes in order for you to decide whether your relationship is good for you. Sessions with me typically last around an hour. The fee for this service is $60.00.
- Energy Clearing – There are times in all of our lives that we seem to get caught in negative energy patterns, either within our own emotional state or sometimes in the spaces which we inhabit. I have many years of experience in assisting others to create more positive energy in their lives and in their living/working environments. I do this through the use of ritual work on my end and will provide you with some steps to take on your end to get things moving. The fee for this service begins at $75.00 and goes up to $300.00 depending on complexity and time requirements. Please contact me for a brief consultation so that we can determine whether we are a good fit, as well as to discuss the fee for your particular situation.
- Important note: I am neither an exorcist or a demonologist and for problems such as those, I will ask that you find a specialist in that field. Also note, that I do not perform work which which would attempt to interfere with another person’s free will. This means that if you are looking for someone to “make someone fall in love with you”, I’m not the right person for you.
Services are non-refundable without prior approval by me. I will make every attempt to work with you in order for you to be satisfied. There will also be instances in which I may let someone know that I do not feel as though we would be a good fit. It is my desire that you get the help that you need, even if that isn’t with me.
I accept payment through Paypal. Click the link below to make payment. You do not need to have a Paypal account to be able to use it. There is a place once you get there that you can click to make payment without having an account. I have no access to your payment information.
Payment link: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=9NBB48Y3PEX36
I look forward to working with you!
The month of October is undoubtedly one of my favorite times of year. It is when we enter the phase of the year in which we go within…we nest…we tend to our home fires. It is also when the veil between our physical realm and that of the spirit realm is at its thinnest. As a person who is sensitive to spirit anyway, October tends to be a very active month for me. Honoring those who came before is something which is increasingly important to me and I know that it is for many of you too.
I have many people on the other side now…both of my parents, all of my grandparents, a sister, a daughter, friends, other family, and a few of my past loves. It is important to me to be mindful of them at this time…to pay them my respects…to remember. Not only that, I sometimes ask for them to enter my dreams and talk to me…to guide me as they would if they were still here. Some might think that this is all a figment of the imagination…or utterly ridiculous. To that I would say that the belief of the person experiencing something and the impact that it has on them is truly the only thing that matters if you think about it…regardless of your personal take on it.
For the past three years, I have lived in a building with A LOT of history…and therefore, a lot of spirit activity. It hasn’t been that many years that I have permitted myself to be open and receptive for any longer than the time that it used to take me to freak out. I’m just being honest here. This gift is not one which I’ve always had much comfort with…I used to keep it locked down tighter than tight. The funny thing about that is that no matter how tightly I though I had it locked away…it was always there anyway…there were always glimmers of things.
Over the past five years especially, I’ve had a big shift when it comes to not only accepting, but appreciating these parts of myself. My first year in this building was pretty crazy for me. As time went by, I have learned the ‘hot’ spots and the general tone of the energies in certain parts of this place. One spot in the building is a little tricky. There are times that you can be in this location and feel perfectly at ease…and at others…the air feels colder and there is a sense to keep on moving because someone/something unfriendly is there and it isn’t good to linger. Being able to prepare is so helpful…let me tell you! Last year, I spent some time in various areas of my building acknowledging and honoring those still lingering…and it was good.There were other spots, like the one I talked about above that I simply went through acknowledging their privacy and expressing my respect for that.
This year however, I am mainly focusing on my ancestors and loved ones on the other side. The desire to connect with them is strong. It isn’t that I am closing off to others…because that’s just not the way that I am. This is the first year in my journey that I feel ready and prepared to truly honor and thank my loved ones. I’ll be doing some special things for them on an altar this year…putting out some of their favorite things. I’ll even be preparing some of their favorite meals in remembrance.
Do any of you have special things that you do to honor those on the other side?