Dear beautiful souls,
When you think about beauty, what first springs to mind? Is it some spectacular vision of a person of supermodel caliber? Is it an amazing natural vista? Perhaps a masterful piece of art or music? Yes, of course, it could be any of those things. Most of us appreciate those types of beauty. What about the more simple things though?
There are those times when it feels more difficult than others to find beauty. Right now, so many of us are feeling unsettled by so many events happening in the world around us which made this love letter an especially important one for me to write. With some many things in our every day lives which hold so much beauty, read on for a list of simple, but powerful things of beauty for those times in which it might seem more difficult than usual to see it.
- That first luxurious moment upon waking in the morning when you drift warmly between sleep and waking.
- The small moments of silence when there are no electronics running in the background.
- The rich aroma of freshly brewing coffee.
- Sharing laughter with our loved ones, friends, and at particularly beautiful moments with total strangers.
- Hearing the voices of the people who make our worlds a brighter place.
- Being enfolded into the embrace of those who make us feel safe…who embody the feeling of being home.
- Opening a window and feeling a fresh breeze on our faces.
- Enjoying the warmth of sunshine streaming through a window on a chilly day.
- The simple pleasure of spending time doing the little things we love to do.
- Sinking into a nice hot bath or standing under an invigorating shower.
- Feeling the thrill which comes with connecting with someone new.
- The colors that come to life in the sky as the sun lowers in the evening.
- Seeing the first pops of color in the Spring as flowers bloom or in Autumn as leaves change color.
- Those magical, misty mornings when the fog swirls through the air as rain gently falls.
- Reading a good book, or watching a good show or movie.
- The smile on the face of a stranger as you hold the door for them as they balance bags and coffee.
Of course there are so many more things which are everyday events which are so beautiful, many even almost sensual. Think about first waking on a chilly morning, ensconced in soft warm blankets, and how good that feels. So simple, so beautiful. In these times of rapid change, it is so important to seek out and savor those small moments of beauty. Our attitudes and frame of mind are so powerful. Won’t you join me in seeking out the simple moments which make this life so breathtakingly gorgeous?