Every single day, almost without fail, I get up in the morning and write down things that I am grateful for. With today being Thanksgiving here in the United States, I figured that there was no better day to come here and share today’s gratitude entry with all of you instead of keeping it all to myself.
* I am so very thankful to be watching the snow fall on this cold Thanksgiving morning, with the turkey in the oven, waiting for family to come and share a nice meal later and companionship today.
* I am thankful to be blessed with so much richness in my life…to have wonderful friends who are like family, to live in a beautiful city where I am greeted with the sight of the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains each time I look out of my windows, and to be able to do what I love; which is writing, art, and helping others when I can.
* I am extremely thankful to be growing into the wisdom which comes with time…the wisdom which has shown me that I can be happy even when I’m not feeling well. That I can have peace in my heart even on those days when all I am capable of is lying on the couch watching movies. It feels so good to finally understand that I don’t always have to be relentlessly pushing myself into a state of further illness to be worth something.
* I am thankful to understand the difference between friendship and love, and situations which aren’t healthy to be in. More than that, I am thankful to finally understand that it isn’t something to feel guilty about when I have to drift away from someone because the relationship is harmful in some way. That the drifting doesn’t mean the lack of love. Sometimes drifting is the greatest form of love…even if we never know how things turned out for the other person.
Last but not least…
* I am thankful for all of you, and I hope that your Thanksgiving day finds you surrounded by people that you love…and who also love you…or barring that, that your Thanksgiving day finds you doing something which fills you with happiness and gratitude for the blessings in your life…no matter how small they may seem at the moment.