In my last post, I wrote about being sick. Let me tell you, this is the sickest I’ve been in years! I’ve been so knocked for a loop that it didn’t even occur to me until last night that New Year’s Eve was upon us. There was a vague glimmer in the back of my mind that it was coming up, but the reality of how rapidly it was approaching was way beyond me. So, all of a sudden I found myself thinking about the year behind me…and wondering how well I had kept to my theme for the year. You see, in late 2011, I had read a post on my friend Tabitha’s blog in which she had declared a word for the year of 2012. Of course I became enamored of the idea and had to do it myself. However, I couldn’t remember what intention I had set.
This morning I went back through old blog posts here to try to find it because I was sure that I had done it. For the life of me, it wasn’t showing up and I was about to call the search off when I found it, about thirty minutes ago. My words for 2012 were ‘Claim It’. After finding that post, I spent a little time thinking about whether I had lived my life in a way which gave meaning to those words over the past 12 months and the answer to that is a resounding yes.
Here is a little list of some of the claiming I’ve done in the past year:
- Respect for myself, by both myself and others.
- Embracing my quirks as the gifts that they are instead of being ashamed of them.
- Loving myself fully, without conditions.
- Not looking for approval from others in what I choose to do or not to do.
- Letting go of the fear of the unknown to move to a new city.
- Gave up smoking cigarettes.
- Refusing to live inside of unhealthy relationships, no matter who the person is.
What’s your plan for the upcoming year?