I was very honored to have received a Very Inspiring Blogger award from my dear friend Rosemary over at Finding1sself. This lady, and I do mean it when I use the word lady in reference do her, is one of the most inspiring people that I know. To have her consider me and my blog inspiring really means a lot.
The rules for receiving “the very inspiring blogger award” are to tell seven random things about yourself, thank the person who has given you the award by linking back to them , pass the award over to other bloggers, and let them know you’ve awarded them.
Okay, here are my seven random facts:
1. I love being outdoors at night.
2. The older I get, the less capable of filtering myself I am…as in, if I think it, I say it…and usually without worry about being overly politically correct.
3. I do not use sugar or cream in my coffee or tea…at all…not even iced tea. This can be awkward when I have guests because I normally do not have any sort of soda on hand, and sugar just doesn’t dissolve well in cold tea. Occasionally I’ll use sugar in coffee if I am having it after dinner.
4. I love documentaries…especially ones on religion, the paranormal, UFO’s, mythological creatures, and travel.
5. I also love stand-up comedy…a lot.
6. Autumn is my favorite season…for the color…the crisp air…so many reasons. It has just always had a magical feel for me.
7. This one might sound really weird but it’s true. At the age of forty, I am finally allowing myself to fully feel emotions and not shutting down. Sometimes it freaks me out, but it’s a very good thing.
Now for the fun part…paying the award forward. There are a few people who would be on this list, but I know that this sort of thing drives them nuts so I will do them a favor and not put their names here.
Native American Gypsy is a blog written by someone who happens to be a personal friend…who am I kidding…he’s like a little brother to me. Even though I know him in real life, I am not being biased… I truly find him and many of his posts to be very thought provoking and inspirational.
Magical Mystical MiMi is a blog I adore! I’m pretty sure that I gave her an award the last time I was handing some out and hopefully she’s not going to want to choke me for having to come up with more random facts about herself…but I can’t help it! MiMi is one of those people who tells it like it is, in whatever way she feels like telling it which is something I deeply respect. She also has a fantastic sense of humor and many words of wisdom are in her posts.
The Ramblings of an Offbeat Goddess Let me tell you… Jeanette’s blog is amazing and I find myself grabbing and reading her posts just as soon as I see them in my inbox. She’s creative, she’s spiritual, she’s just cool!