This week Jamie threw me for a loop with her question. ‘What belongings do you wish for?’, which she followed up with asking us to remember when we were kids wishing for things. This one is tough for me to answer because belongings are not something which I give a lot of thought to on a normal basis. So…I’m going to put my inner child hat on and have some fun with this.
1. A chaise lounge. I’ve always wanted one…I just adore them. They remind me of ladies in bygone eras, lying on a chaise with a journal. There’s just something classy and luxurious about them.
2. An old fashioned, deep, claw foot bath tub. Years ago, I lived in a apartment that had one and I loved that thing! You could really soak away in there comfortably. The sloped angle to lean against…the depth of the water…heavenly.
3. A really cool illuminated indoor fountain. One which is made well so that you can really hear the water running and which throws shimmering light up onto the ceiling. So relaxing!
4. Some new clothing. Fun and quirky stuff would be awesome.
5. A room lined with shelves. One one wall, I would want the shelves lined with all sorts of delicious books. One the other wall, shelves of yarn…all lined up like a gorgeous textured rainbow.
6. A sewing machine. This has been on my list for a while, but I am not sure if I would really like it or just think I would and cannot see spending the money on something that just might sit there doing nothing.
7. An unlimited supply of crystals, incense, candles, herbs, and art/craft supplies.
8. A printer.
9. Now for the most extravagant one of all…a Mini Cooper.
This was fun, once I allowed myself to get into it! Of course, there were some practical things which I could have listed…but if we’re thinking like kids…why not just let it rip? What belongings do you wish for?